Here is the final “power poll” for the Pac 12 Football Conference. The power in the Pac 12 is in the Northern Division.
1. Stanford: The Cardinal certainly earned the Pac-12 title and the Rose Bowl berth, beating all five of the six teams immediately below it here that it played.
2. Oregon: The Ducks will get their shot at Kansas State in the Fiesta Bowl. A win means another top-five final ranking.
3. Oregon State: If it’s not the best one-year turnaround in Pac-12 history, it’s certainly one of the best.
4. UCLA: Being so close to the Rose Bowl and falling short at Stanford certainly hurts… but think how bad things felt last year at this time, Bruins fans.
5. Arizona State: Without question, year one under new coach Todd Graham was a success.
6. Arizona: The Wildcats posted some quality wins — Oklahoma State, Washington, USC — in their first season with Rich Rodriguez, but the one at the end hurt a bit.
7. USC: Kiffin can recruit, but can he coach? USC fans not impressed with the Trojans loss to UCLA. In August, Trojans fans imagined an trip to South Beach in January. Instead, they get El Paso.
8. Washington: After choking against rival Washington State in the season-finale, the Huskies really need to win their bowl game to wash the terrible taste out of their mouths.
9. Utah: Will there be a shakeup of assistant Utah coaches? The Utes need to focus on what can move them up in the Pac-12 pecking order: Recruiting. The Utes need better size, speed and depth.
10. California: Cal will definitely be in for a change. Good question is what will happen to current California recuites? Will they bolt or will they stay? Bears fans are probably no longer looking back at a lost season. They are looking forward to a new coach.
11. Washington State: Leach got by his first season. The Apple Cup euphoria is nice, but it doesn’t block out the reality: A 3-9 finish, a fifth consecutive season with four or fewer wins.
12. Colorado: Who will be the new football coach Will he given more than two years to return the Buff to some sort of respectability Just like Cal fans, Colorado fans only want to look forward. Looking back at the past two years might cause Buffs to rip their eyes out.
Pac 12 Football What we learned That was just crazy talk. Well, lookie here at what coach David Shaw and his staff created: a Stanford team that has become a top-10 program while still being the most elite educational institution — by a wide margin, by the way — playing Football …
Michaux: College football’s playoff system needs fixing before it’s too late Division runners-up Florida and Oregon would likely fill out the short bracket that would exclude Pac-12 winner Stanford, Big 12 champ Kansas State and a Georgia team that beat Florida and came 5 yards short of winning the toughest conference in the …
Pac-12 Football: Winners and Losers in the Pac-12 Bowl Games Pac-12 fans had to wait awhile to see where eight Pac-12 teams would be playing during December and January. After much speculation and conjecture, the results are in, and while some fanbases will be happy, others will be fuming. We run down each …
Scott Michaux: College football’s playoff system needs fixing before it’s too late Division runners-up Florida and Oregon would likely fill out the short bracket that would exclude Pac-12 winner Stanford, Big 12 champ Kansas State as well as a Georgia team that beat Florida and came 5 yards short of winning the toughest conference